The U.S. Coast Guard added five new data fields in 2015 to expand information about vessel size and voyage details. However, information provided by AIS data, alone, is limited to a set of unique vessel identifiers with minimal, and usually inaccurate, vessel dimensions. With PortVision's new Vessel Intelligence module, users now have access to information about 50 additional vessel attributes across 10,000 workboats and OSVs, making it significantly easier to identify vessels with specific features or locate nearby vessels for operational or incident-response purposes.
PortVision users now have the ability to build custom fleets based on these unique attributes so they can quickly identify not only the best vessel for the job, but what vessel can be there first.
- Enhanced search andanalytics capabilities
- Search regionally or globally for vessels with specific attributes, such as all OSVs in the Gulf of Mexico that have a 400-ton-or-larger crane.
- Determine whether a vessel meets specific requirements by analyzing attributes ranging from moon-pool and total personnel capacity, to main engine horsepower and on-board equipment.
- Schedule email alerts when a vessel of interest stops, starts, departs, arrives, slows, heads in a new direction or otherwise changes its behavior.
- Receive customized reports on current position and other attributes for one or more vessels.
- Improved historical view
- Display full vessel movement history for any specific vessel of interest
- Identify all vessels that have been working in a specific lease block.
- See what vessels are doing now and how long they've been doing it.
- Better incident response
- Identify available vessels in close proximity to the incident
- Incorporate available port calls for re-supply planning.
See Vessel Intelligence at Clean Gulf Conference
PortVision will be demonstrating Vessel Intelligence in Booth #437 at the Clean Gulf Conference, November 11-12, 2015, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
PortVision Vessel Intelligence is available now and integrates directly with the existing PortVision subscriber package. For more details, visit www.portvision.com.